Tuesday, October 1, 2013

TALE OF A CANTERBURY TALE

My group decided to collaborate and split up the physician's tale into a few sections. To see the rest of the tale visit Danny Luu , Lesther VenezuelaEli Esparza, and Ian Steller.

A very basic summary of the physician's tale is that the physician named Virginius had a daughter who was desired by the town judge, and was trying to claim that Virginia (Virginius's daughter) was his property.

As a collab group we decided we would each share one characteristic each that describes the central character.

1.) Chaucer portrays Virginius as a regretful father when he sets Virginius to give instructions on how to raise a child after he realized he didn't raise his own child correctly.

TO my interpretation this is why I think Chaucer wrote the tale.

2.)I think Chaucer's point in telling this tale is to bring emphasize on doing the right things in life no matter what because karma may just catch up to you.

"Accept your death, for this is my decree.

For love, and not for hate, you must be dead,
My ruthful hand must now smite off your head"

0 comments:

Post a Comment