Thursday, November 21, 2013

Allegory of the Cave Sonnet


What is thinking than a voice in our head?
 Are those voices them or are they ours?
 Knowledge is a form that is never dead,
 And blossoms bright like dahlia flowers.

 The false shadows that linger in the light,
 Are only truths ready to be heard from.
 But they will not go down without a fight,
 And shall not leave the mind until it’s calm

 To fully understand circumstances,
 One must jump blindly into the darkness.
 Though one must be careful about choices,
 Because those choices may lead to daftness

 This reality one must discover 
 Can be found by breaking the old thinker 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice Sonnet! I like the rhyming you had as well as the vocabulary you used! :)

Unknown said...

Miranda, great job on your Shakespearean type sonnet! Everything is well written and easy to understand! Your use of comparison and imagery really painted a picture in my mind! Great job!

Your blog is probably one of the best I've ever seen. From music to the little fishies to the posts on Mondays, great job! :( How are you studying for the final? Let me know your strategies! http://lvalenzuelarhsenglitcomp.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Good use of vocabulary and nice rhyming scheme. Clearly captures the scope of Plato's Allegory Of the Cave. Superb use of imagery!

Oh and your blog itself is extremely nice. You made it your own and I like your posts that don't have to do with the course itself

kevin lake said...

it's neat seeing how people approach this sonnet. for instance, i wrote mine about the two prisoners only, while you covered the allegory as a whole and its meaning. thumbs up dude

Unknown said...

I like your shakespearian sonnet! The rhyming is good,and I like your choice in vocabulary. http://druckersrhsenglitcomp13.blogspot.com

Conor said...

I see you took the time to decorate your blog....unlike me when I did it.

Unknown said...

I like your sonnet. It has a great rhyming scheme and use of vocabulary.

Unknown said...

I invited you to read and comment "THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX" on my blog.
http://dannytbuuluu.blogspot.com

Post a Comment