Tuesday, October 8, 2013

GREEN EGGS & HAMLET

a.) What do you know about Hamlet, the “Melancholy Dane”.
 All I really know about Hamlet is that it’s about a betrayal in a family, which leads to unnecessary death. Or in other terms, I know very much about the Disney version (Lion King) of Hamlet but other than that, I have no knowledge on the subject.

b.) What do you know about Shakespeare?
He’s a close friend of mine, I met him my freshmen year when we read about one of his most famous works, Romeo and Juliet. I heard he’s written many great works and married a relative of his… or maybe that was another writer. I also know Shakespeare is everywhere and provide a myriad of quotes that feed the hopeless romantics out there. He’s also dead but his legend is still living on.

c.)Why do so many students involuntarily frown when they hear the name “Shakespeare”?
Well I would like to believe it’s the fact that it’s all in old English and that us AP/HONORS students have seen him every single year in English whether we like to or not. We’d rather see a new face in town (I really liked Charles Bukowski) and perhaps someone who doesn’t just mainly speak “old English”. But, I don’t mind cherishing and admiring the works of Shakespeare; he’s not as bad as everyone makes him seem.
d.) What can we do to make studying this play an amazing experience we’ll never forget?

What we can do is have a simulation of this work or something because I’m more of a visual learning when it comes to these things. Maybe even putting together a collabrotive interpretation of Hamlet would make studying it an amazing experience and something we’ll never forget because 1.) it will be on video and 2.) videos always have embarrassing moments that we could never live down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment