Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Declaration of Learning Independence

After years and years of routine, it's a pleasant change of course when I get to determine how I learn and what I learn. Dr. Preston's class is one of a kind in many ways and really allows students to drill on their creative and left brain (if I remember correctly) part of their thinking. Now it may seem a little harsh to say that school has been oppression to the mind until Dr. Preston's class, but that's how I felt that school was to me when I started to develop my own way of thinking. There actually is a place that I read about where they let the students go outside and play until they have a want to be learning. School should be a place where students WANT to learn, not feel like it’s an obligation.

Now my big question that I must incorporate into this course is does life happen by fate or by chance? Was it by fate or chance that this course will lead me into better and greater forth comings in life? Was it by fate or chance that Romeo and Juliet “killed” each other? Is it by fate or chance that accounts for all the misfortunate events that happen in my life? Honestly… I don’t know. But I would hope that through this year I gain a few steps closer to knowing. This question is a reoccurring theme in my life because of well just the things that happen in my life seem to pertain to the question. I constantly ask myself why is this happening to me? Why, why why?! And this is where I feel that Dr. Preston’s core principals to this course play in. We are in this course to take our learning into our own hands. We are also all in this boat together to help each other out, collaborative learning. So I’ll end with this, learning is more than just a way to excel the mind in academics, but a way to let your inner soul take form in beautiful ways.

0 comments:

Post a Comment