Tuesday, September 24, 2013

CANTERBURY TALES (I)


Responding back to the questions discussed in class, I would like to know why would Chaucer write an extravagantly long poem about characters who have more to them than meets the eye? Quite frankly, I’m excited to hear about the various tales of each characters stories. The characters that I’m most excited to read about are the monk and the student. My question about the student is why would he go on a pilgrimage when his main focus is education through books such as Aristotle? I like the idea Chaucer has put in the story that every character has it’s own quirks because as readers most of us think of just one general idea of a person when there reputation is acknowledged. Reading the prologue really helped develop a good understand of what type of characters I’m going to be getting into later on in the story.

0 comments:

Post a Comment