Tuesday, February 11, 2014

HAFTA/ WANNA

Explain similarities/differences you see between your life during high school and life after high school.  Is there a significant difference?  Will people somehow magically transform the day after graduation, or will they take their current habits of mind/word/deed into their next set of daily activities?  How do you balance the things you want to do and the things you have to do, and what are your expectations of yourself and the world around you as you move on?

Similarities, you're making little fetus (metaphorically) choose a path that will determine a good majority of their life. Girls that are barely moving onto high school or not even in high school yet are already committing to college? I may be a bit biased because I am a soccer girl but I have been doing club since I was in grade school and honestly I do not think I would have ever imagined wanting to play in college. Playing in college would be such a huge commitment and honestly ALOT of things can change in four years especially for these girls. Maybe it's an injury, maybe they want to be free and do what they please or maybe they don't "love" the game anymore. By love I meant they aren't playing the sport for themselves anymore but for others. Which is a very frustrating line that many athletes walk sometimes. 

Anyways similarities between my life and after high school is that I am still not going to know for sure how my life will end up but that I should pursue my passions and feed my hunger for knowledge. Yeah. NO YOU WILL NOT MAGICALLY TURN HOT, OR MAGICALLY BECOME TALENTED, THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS "MAGIC" unless you're Harry Potter, or from Hogwarts, then your something special. Everything is just an illusion to our minds and eyes. I can't really think right now, I'm going to come back to this post and elaborate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment