Friday, April 4, 2014

Look At My Brain

Sheesh. I need to really catch up on the posts, I might be in denial but I think I've finally caught the flu of senioritis. Anyways as you can tell, I've slowly been slacking off but really do appreciate these posts we have to create.

My masterpiece... well at the moment I am a bit lost. Dr. Preston has introduced me to a wonderful mentor who creates Matt Damon's films but I cannot seem to find what my original idea was for this project. I know that I wanted to travel, connect classrooms around the world in helping prepare for the AP test and work on my skills of videography and being compassionate. But really, I am lost. Not entirely lost, just a little stray off the path.

Though I hope through this masterpiece, my audience or the world will learn that I am a person, a human being, not trying to just survive or live life but trying to create meaning in places that it was not before. I want to display how I think and the type of person I am. My ambitions and what I want to teach. I want to get people inspired to do well in their community, to stop waiting, and start doing. We always have this common perception that we can do things later or it can wait when really the main obstructor is your mind yourself! 

In Preston's ramble today about the girl who basically described open source learning in a nut shell, I wrote about that exact idea in a journal a month or so ago. I talked about how we shouldn't go to school to learn things that just might be unnecessary but more about things that will help us out in life and help us excel at what we are good at. Once we find that balance of learning and work and finding that passionate thing, we will be able to live a society where most of these "problems" we have can be eliminated. I think something important too is being innovated. If we ever create these schools, we must learn how to take our passions and turn it into a career. When a job becomes something you love and are good at then it is no longer a job, it's a passion.

So this may be a tangent, or it may just answer what this post is supposed to be about. But I hope in the end that you as a reader, has a good general esque idea about what I am on to. Thank you and enjoy your night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment