Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What's In This For Me?

Firstly I'd like to say I need to give my blog a new year revival look and change. And I need to also start my other blog that focuses on the last six months of high school and maybe my adventures. I don't know yet, still in collaboration. Anyways, I'm hoping to expand on this post soon sometime. And change blog layout.

The title of this post, is actually one of the on going questions I have been meaning to ask myself for a really long time. What's in it for me? Through these last three and a half years of high school I've learned one thing and that one thing is that boys are trouble. Kidding of course, I've learned much more than just that (girls are just as much trouble). Well what's in it for me I say? We always set these goals, sometimes seemingly impossible, other times so easy that it's child play. You see it all over the place, New Year's "Resolutions, basically goals set because it's a new year, and you know how that saying goes "New Year, New Me". Goals are honestly one of the hardest things for me to keep. I've been to leadership camps, AVID, speeches, telling me to make goals. And I do. I honestly do, I try and try to keep them but for some reason, I just haven't grown up enough to keep them. Which is why I think this year is actually different for me. Maybe because it's 18, or maybe because I'm following along with that trend. But so far it's been 8 days in and for all I've known I've kept my New Years Resolutions.

So let's snap back to reality, what's in it for me? Well, I've grown a fondness for writing and being more creative through this course. I've discovered texts I never thought I'd like and concepts I haven't even thought about that intrigue me. Look, if you don't start realizing it now, you'll never see that the true purpose of anything is right in front of you. You don't need to ask, what's in it for me because it's already given to you. Through this course, I've discovered things I like and ways to rejuvenate myself that I honestly think will help me with my future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment